You ask a lot from your air conditioner during the summer. You demand that it keep you comfortable day and night for months at a time. The hotter it gets, the harder your AC must work to maintain your comfort, and sometimes, the strain is too much. If your air conditioner is failing, or you think it’s about to fail, call us and ask about our central AC repair and maintenance. Our techs have over 120 years of combined experience and fix virtually all models of air conditioners.
A ductless mini-split AC system is perfect for those who don’t have ductwork.
5 Signs You Need AC Repair
The older your air conditioner gets, the more prone to breaking down it is. Fortunately, most systems give off warning signs telling you that you must repair them. Here are the top 5 warning signs to watch for.
- It Blows Hot Air: If the system blows hot air, it could be a broken compressor or a refrigerant leak.
- Moisture: If you notice moisture or leaks around the unit, you could be dealing with a minor issue like a clogged condensate drain tube or something more serious like a refrigerant leak.
- Strange Noises: Anytime you hear squealing or grinding coming out of your AC when it’s running, is cause for alarm.
- Odd Odours: Strong, pungent smells coming out of your vents could mean burned wire insulation or a buildup of mould.
- High Humidity: Besides cooling your home, your AC also pulls out humidity. If your home feels humid or the air feels sticky, the AC isn’t doing its job.
If you notice any of the above signs, call for air conditioner repair ASAP. Finding and fixing small problems now is better than ignoring them and having expensive repairs down the road.
When to Perform AC Maintenance and Tune-up
The last thing you and your family need during the hot summer months is for the air conditioner to stop working, but this is what happens to many residents who fail to maintain their systems. You can avoid this problem by calling an AC repair company for an annual tune-up.
When you call Vetted HVAC Services, our technicians perform a visual inspection of your air conditioner as well as a host of other services to ensure your system is ready to go when summer arrives, such as:
- Thermostat Check
- System Cleaning
- Blower Component Inspection
- Airflow Check
- Filter Inspection or Replacement
- Checking Electrical Connections
- Examine Condenser and Evaporator Coils
- Check Refrigerant
- Examine the Condensate Drain
If anything is out of order, our techs will fix it quickly. It’s recommended that you call for maintenance and tune-up in the spring, so your system is ready for battle when the summer heat arrives. Call Vetted HVAC Services for more information.
Don’t sit all winter in a deep freeze. Our expert heater repair will keep you warm and toasty during the winter months.
Our Air Conditioner Repair Service
At Vetted HVAC Services, our technicians are qualified to repair and maintain all makes and models of AC units. We proudly install Canadian-made Continental air conditioners, and we specialize in Mitsubishi ductless mini-split systems.
If you’re in the market for a new air conditioner, we offer free in-home consultations to evaluate your space and cooling needs to get you the highest efficiency system for your home.