Wiring issues at your home or building should always be taken seriously. If left unrepaired, these problems can cause serious dangers to your property and family - including fires. To prevent these risks, it’s important to have wiring issues addressed as soon as possible. Call Vetted HVAC Services for electrical wiring repairs and replacements in Yorkton, SK. When you schedule an appointment with us we guarantee to provide upfront pricing and perform neat and clean repairs!
Keep your family safe from potential fires by scheduling our smoke detector services in Yorkton.
Risks Associated With Aluminum Wiring
If you live in an older home, you might have aluminum wiring. While this wiring may adequately provide electricity to your house, there are dangers associated with this material. Aluminum wiring can expand, causing overheating at its connection points. Some other risks associated with aluminum wiring can include:
- It can become brittle and prone to oxidation. This can lead to electrical fires.
- The soft wires can get damaged during renovation projects. This can cause hot spots.
- It can pose a 55% higher risk of fires than homes with copper wiring.
- It can cause arcing, which can lead to overheating and fires.
- It can develop a white oxide as it rusts that can lead to overheating.
Benefits of Copper Wiring
Newer homes are now built with copper wiring instead of aluminum. Copper wiring has the following benefits compared to aluminum wiring:
- It has a high resistance to heat to help prevent overloading and melting.
- Copper wiring is very thin, allowing it to bend and twist easily without causing damage.
- It is resistant to corrosion and rusting.
- Copper wiring is easy for professionals to install.
When your pool needs wiring services, leave the work to the professionals. Call us to schedule pool and hot tub wiring services.
Symptoms That Indicate Your Wiring Needs To Be Replaced
To prevent major threats to your home, it’s important to replace your wiring at the first signs of an issue. If you notice the following signs you should book an appointment with a professional to inspect your wiring and determine if it needs to be replaced:
- You have bad wiring connections.
- You notice the lights dimming or brightening periodically.
- You notice the lights flickering.
- You notice the odour of burning plastic.
- You see sparks, flames, or smoke.
- You notice the wires start to overheat.
- You notice scorching around or behind the faceplate.