Do you own an electric vehicle but struggle to find a place to charge it? Take away the frustration by having a charging station installed in your home. This will let you conveniently charge your vehicle whenever you want - no more vying for coveted charging spots, just plug in at home. Call Vetted HVAC Services to have our licensed technicians install an electric vehicle charging station at your Yorkton, SK home. When you book an appointment with us you will get to experience our next-level customer service!
Do you need lights added to your patio to create an inviting outdoor space? Learn about our outdoor lighting services.
Benefits of Having an EV Charging Station Installed at Your Home
So you made the decision to improve the environment and increase your savings by investing in an electric vehicle. Great! Now it’s time to figure out where to charge it. Instead of driving around trying to find a charging spot - and then waiting for it to become available - have one installed at your home.
Some of the advantages of having a charging station at your house can include:
- Access to a fast and safe charging station.
- Having a charging station available to you any time of day.
- A cheap solution to power your vehicle. Charging your EV at home can cost just pennies a day!
How To Charge Electric Vehicles at Home
When having professionals install an electric vehicle charging station at your home, you will need to determine if you want to use Level 1 electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) or Level 2 EVSE.
- Level 1 EVSE: This can be easier to install as it does not require any special equipment - just an outlet to plug into and a dedicated branch circuit. Level 1 EVSE is ideal for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and EVs. This method adds 2 to 5 miles of range to the vehicle for every hour of charging time.
- Level 2 EVSE: This option requires a heavier installation than a Level 1 EVSE, but it can provide 10 to 60 miles of range for each hour of charging time. A Level 2 EVSE charges through a 240 V AC plug and needs a dedicated electrical circuit of 20 to 100 amps. When a technician completes the installation he or she will ensure all local requirements and permits are met.
Call Vetted HVAC Services to ask an electrician which option is best for your home.
Does your building need electrical repairs or replacements? Learn about our commercial electrician services.
Save Money by Charging Electric Vehicles at Home
When you purchase an EV, you are already saving money on fuel -- and you can save additional money by charging your vehicle at home. According to Energy.gov, drivers do more than 80 percent of their charging at home because of their convenience and cost-effectiveness. When you charge your EV at home you can take advantage of low residential electricity rates instead of paying for charging fees and enduring long wait times at a public charging station.