Does your property have dark areas that can pose dangers for you and your visitors when walking around the yard? Or create dark spaces for intruders to hide? Improve your safety by installing security and motion sensor lighting in your yard. Call Vetted HVAC Services to have our licensed technicians add new outdoor lighting at your Yorkton, SK home or building. We provide upfront pricing and guarantee to provide neat and clean services!
Protect your home from a blackout during the next major storm. Learn about our generator services.
Benefits of Security Lighting
A dark yard can be inviting for intruders, as it can create many places for them to hide. Don’t risk your family’s safety! Install security lights to protect your household. These lights can both improve your yard’s appearance and keep it secure.
Some of the advantages of adding security lighting to your home can include:
- It can deter burglars, vandals, and intruders from targeting your home.
- It can prevent critters from hanging out on your property or getting into your trash.
- It can protect your household and guests from tripping or falling on dark walkways or steps.
Types of Patio Lighting
On summer and fall nights, your patio can be an extension of your home. Make it even more inviting by installing patio lights. When selecting lights you have several options, including:
- Spotlights: These point in one direction, allowing you to focus on a particular feature of your yard, like a statue, plant, wall, or another object.
- Flood lights: These are typically installed in high locations and can brighten large areas below.
- Up/down lights: These spotlights can be moved up or down to focus on a particular area of your yard.
- Step lights: These are used to illuminate stairs to increase safety. They can be installed on the walls near stairs, or even on the stairs themselves.
- Garden lights: These can be used to show off your plants. They typically shine downwards and out to gently illuminate the desired area.
- Bollard lights: These posts with a light on the top can shine in all directions to light up an area.
- String lights: These can be strung over trees, hardscapes and wrapped around other areas to add subtle light to your yard.
Do you have an electric vehicle? Don’t fight for a charging spot -- install one at your house! Learn about our electric vehicle charging station installation services.
Where To Install Motion Sensor Lighting
For peace of mind in your home, install motion sensor lights. These turn on when motion is detected to help deter intruders from entering your property. It’s recommended that you have an electrician install motion sensor lights in the following areas:
- Garage: Placing lights here will help deter criminals from entering your garage and potentially stealing your items.
- Walkways: Motion-activated lights will illuminate the walkways for your household and guests to help prevent falls. They will also help deter intruders.
- House entrances: Having lights at all entrances to your home - including windows - will help scare off burglars.
- Gardens, pools, and open areas: Intruders can try to hide in your garden or near your pool. Adding lights can help scare them off or expose them.