When you lose power during a storm or a blackout, it can put your family and property at risk - and it can cost you if the food in your refrigerator or freezer goes bad. You can avoid these problems by installing a generator in your house to prevent losing power.
Generators can keep your power on and keep your family safe - even when your main source of power is gone. Call Vetted HVAC Services for generator repair and installation services in Yorkton, SK. We provide upfront pricing when you book an appointment with us!
Protect your property and your loved ones with working smoke detectors. Learn about our smoke detector services in Yorkton!
Advantages of Installing a Generator
Do severe storms frequently leave your home - or even your block - without power? If an outage lasts for hours, or even days, it can leave your house at risk for intruders and make it uncomfortable without the HVAC system running. These problems can be avoided if you have a whole-house generator installed. Some of the benefits these systems provide can include:
- Increased safety: These emit fewer fumes than portable generators, making them safer to install in your house.
- Better functionality: These systems can provide power for hours without pausing or shutting down. They can also be set up to keep certain appliances running during a blackout, such as your refrigerator, air conditioner, or heater.
- Start automatically: These units start up within a few minutes of the power going out.
- Peace of mind: These systems can give you peace of mind that your family is safe during a power outage.
How To Choose the Right Generator for Your Property
There are many types of generators available for your home, as these units come in a variety of makes and models. Before selecting a system, you need to identify the following information:
- Know which appliances you need to provide power to during a blackout.
- Make sure the unit can work in both extremely hot and cold temperatures so it’s available all year.
- Make sure the unit is strong enough to keep your refrigerator running during a power outage so you don’t lose money on spoiled food.
- Determine the total watts of electricity the generator will need to provide to your house. This will help identify how large of a system you need.
- Know how much you want to spend on a unit.
Does your hot tub need wiring repairs? Contact us to learn about our pool and hot tub wiring services.
Signs You Need a Standby Generator
Do you think installing a standby generator at your home is more of a novelty than a necessity? Just wait until a storm knocks out power for days, or your neighbourhood experiences a blackout.
If you often experience heavy rain or severe storms in your area, if you have power outages more than three times a year, or if you experience lengthy blackouts during the extreme summer heat, then you may need a generator installed in your home. Call the experts at Vetted HVAC Services to learn more about our installation services.