As your heater ages, it loses efficiency, which means it uses more energy to keep your home comfortable than it did before. This loss of efficiency puts stress on the heater, causing it to fail prematurely, and causes you to lose money in higher energy bills. If your heater is over 15 years old, call us for service in Yorkton, SK, and let us walk you through what a new heater installation could mean for your home and your wallet.
The air in your home may be more polluted than you think. Our indoor air quality services can help!
How to Purchase a High Efficiency Heater
If your furnace is over 15 years old, or if it’s not able to keep you as comfortable as it used to, it could be time to upgrade. Before you buy a new heater or furnace, make sure you get one that’s efficient to save you money as it operates.
Here are a few things to check when looking for a new heater.
- Check the BTUs: The BTU rating affects how comfortable you’ll be and how efficiently the furnace runs. A furnace that’s too small has to run longer to keep you warm, which costs you more money on your energy bill and reduces the unit’s lifespan.
- Check the AFUE Rating: Similar to a car’s MPG rating; a furnace has an AFUE rating, that measures the efficiency. For example, a furnace rated at 80% means it turns 80% of the fuel into energy while the rest goes to waste. The higher the rating, the more efficient the heater.
- Burner and Stage: The burner/stage affects how comfortable the furnace keeps you and your family, and also affects the unit’s efficiency. Single-stage burners run all on or off, which means temperature fluctuations. Two-stage burners mean the heater runs at two settings, which is better for keeping a consistent temperature. Modulating burners are the highest efficiency because they blow in increments to keep the temperature just right.
For help choosing the right furnace for your Yorkton home, consult the experts at Vetted HVAC Services.
When to Replace a Furnace?
If your furnace is getting long in the tooth, you may wonder when is it time to think about replacing it. Since most people don’t like the idea of shelling out hard-earned money on a new heater, they opt for repair after repair. However, eventually, those constant repairs add up, and you’d be better off purchasing a new unit instead.
Here are signs it’s time to consider a new heater installation.
- Repair Cost & Frequency: Are you repairing your heater every year or several times a year? Are the parts getting tougher to find and more expensive? If so, consider upgrading to a new system.
- Age: The average furnace lasts about 15-20 with regular maintenance, so if your heater is over that age, it’s time to bid it farewell.
- Higher Energy Bills: As your heater gets older, it becomes less efficient at heating your home, which means you have higher energy bills.
You don’t need a central AC system to be cool and comfortable. Check out our ductless mini split systems.
Why Vetted HVAC Services?
Yorkton residents have plenty of choices when hiring a heating contractor, but we think you’ll agree that we offer more than the big chain companies, such as:
- Upfront Pricing
- Fast Response
- 24/7 Emergency Help
- Neat & Clean Technicians
- Maintenance Plans