The bathroom is often overlooked when people think about remodelling, but between getting ready for work and bathing, we spend a lot of time in the bathroom. Maybe your bathroom isn’t big enough, your tub is cramped and stained, or your sink clogs all the time. Whatever the reason, sometimes bathroom remodeling is the answer. Contact us today to find out more!
Find out how to make your time in the kitchen more pleasant by asking about our kitchen plumbing services.
Tips for Bathroom Renovation
Think about how many times you’ve been out to a fancy restaurant or a neighbor’s home and noticed how stunning the bathrooms are. If you’ve thought about remodeling your bathroom, but feel overwhelmed by the options, here are a few tips to get you started.
- Get a Budget: You must set a budget before you start so you don’t go overboard and plan things you can’t afford. If you don’t have the money to re-do the entire bathroom now, consider upgrading a few pieces at a time.
- Decide the Type of Bathroom: There are endless styles and layouts of bathrooms. While you probably won’t change the type of bathroom you have when you remodel, it’s helpful to look at a variety of ideas to decide what you like before you talk to your interior designer. The types of bathrooms to consider are Standard Bathroom, Half Bathroom, and Wet Bathroom.
- Decide Your Layout: If you’ve decided on the type of bathroom you want, figure out where you want all of the pieces to fit. Depending on your space, there are countless ways to layout a bathroom. Consult with an interior designer who can provide 3D mockups to help you decide which form is best.
- Tub or Shower: Traditional bathrooms have bathtubs, but many people today don’t have the time to enjoy long, relaxing baths, and prefer quick showers. Also, bathtubs use a lot more water than showers, so if money is an object, opt for a shower instead of a tub. Consider, too, that if you plan on selling your home soon, it’s wise to keep at least one tub for potential buyers.
- Pick Your Materials: Bathrooms endure a lot of wear and tear, and they must be able to handle changes in temperature, humidity, and water exposure and remain pristine. Talk to your designer to find out which materials stand up to this using the best, and avoid cheap particle board cabinets and such, which will fall apart in a few years.
For more ideas and inspiration, call Vetted HVAC Services when you’re in the new bathroom market.
Signs You Need Tub Replacement
Even though many people prefer showers to baths because of their fast-paced lifestyles, there are still plenty who still enjoy a long, relaxing soak in the tub to unwind after a stressful day. If your current tub is guilty of having any of the following faults, it’s time to consider a new bathtub installation from Vetted HVAC Services.
- Stains: Stains make your tub look awful and are embarrassing when you have company over. Stains also breed germs and bacteria.
- Leaks: Leaks are one of the worst problems a tub can have because they’re difficult to fix and lead to damaged flooring.
- Mould & Mildew: Like stains, mould and mildew buildup look terrible and can cause allergic reactions if you don’t clean it up ASAP.
- Size: Your baths should be about relaxation, but if the tub is too cramped that it causes discomfort to sit in, it’s time to consider a new model.
Our clogged toilet repair will get you out of any jam.
Our Bathroom Sink Installation Service
Are you remodeling your bathroom or tired of your old sink clogging all the time? Whatever’s going on, a new bathroom sink may be all your bathroom needs to make it modern and fun to use again. If your sink is mouldy, has cracks or damage, or you need more room, consider upgrading your sink.
Our technicians will help you get a clean, modern look with features you’ll want to use. Contact us today to find out more.