Most people don’t think about their drains until they stop working. However, with regular drain cleaning service, you can avoid slow drains and clogs and keep your pipes healthy for longer. Call the pros at Vetted HVAC Services to find out how effective our drain cleaning is.
If your kitchen sink is giving you fits, contact us and ask about our kitchen plumbing services.
Five Reasons to Hire a Drain Contractor
Problems with your drain can impact your entire plumbing system; however, most people think they can fix clogs themselves, which often does more harm than good. If you’re dealing with stubborn drains, check out these five reasons for hiring a professional to clean them.
- Chemicals Can Damage Pipes: Many over-the-counter drain cleaning products contain corrosive chemicals that can erode pipes, causing them to leak and burst. Also, some chemicals put out the heat that can soften PVC pipes causing them to weaken. Lastly, most chemical cleaning agents don’t provide a permanent solution and only dislodge the blockage and push it deeper into the plumbing.
- Better Water Flow: As grease, food waste, and other muck builds up in your pipes, it restricts water flow, much like a clogged artery restricts blood flow. While the pipe may be able to drain well enough with normal usage, it may fail when the demand is heavy, like during a holiday or get-together. Professional drain cleaning removes all of the gunk and restores pipes to a like-new state.
- Better for Environmental Health: The stuff that builds up in your pipes are breeding grounds for mould, mildew, bacteria, and foul odours. Also, a clogged pipe can cause sewage filled with harmful pathogens to back up into your home.
- Lower Water Bills: If you have an undetected water leak, your water supplier is still billing you for that usage. A professional will spot these leaks and fix them, which results in lower water bills.
- Prevents Future Clogs: Regular professional drain cleaning prevents the risk of future clogs and helps extend the lifespan of your pipes.
Call Vetted HVAC Services today to find out how professional drain cleaning can benefit you.
What Causes Clogged Drains?
While most residents don’t consider clogged drains a significant problem, the fact is, if they’re left untreated, they can become just that. Clogged drains can cause water to drain slowly, accelerate corrosion, and cause sewage to back up. Below are the most common reasons drains clog:
- Hair: Hair is one of the primary causes of drain clogs because it binds with grease and other substances to form clogs.
- Soap: Traditional bars of soap are made with fat or grease, which builds up in pipes over time and causes clogs.
- Dirt: Excess dirt on your clothes can build up in your drains and cause them to back up.
- Food Debris: Unless you have a garbage disposal, don’t put food waste down the sink; put it in the trash or on a compost heap instead.
- Mineral Buildup: The minerals in hard water build up over time to form masses that lead to plumbing blockages.
If you’re suffering from slow or clogged drains, call the experts at Vetted HVAC Services for clogged drain repair.
Benefits to Sewer Jetting
Sewer jetting or hydro jetting is a technique in which water under high pressure is used to blast away clogs in your plumbing. While some people rely on chemical drain cleaners or drain snakes, you should consider hydro jetting for these reasons:
- More Thorough Cleaning: Hydro jetting is more effective at cleaning pipes than other methods.
- Reduces Bacteria & Odour: Through constant usage, bacteria, and other pathogens build up in your pipe, causing them to emit foul odours. Sewer jetting is most effective at removing the bacteria and the odours that go with it.
- Eco-Friendly: Because only water is used to clean your pipes, this technique is safe for the environment.